Location: Knox-St. Paul’s United Church, Cornwall, Ontario
Hourly rate: $15.50
Start Date: July 4, 2022
Please send your resume no later than pplication Closing Date: June 22, 2022
Knox-St. Paul’s United Church has the vision of helping to build a city where no one journeys alone. As a means of working towards this vision, we have teamed up with local organizations in order to help to produce sustainable spaces, create space for religious tolerance and dialogue, provide space for a LGBTQIA2S+ community organization to meet, and support folks who are grieving. We strive to be open, welcoming, and respectful of all people, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, ability, socio-economic status, and religious affiliation.
In order to build the work of increasing our online presence, which helped us thrive throughout the lockdown periods, we are looking for two online community animators to help us transition more fully into the digital age. These two positions will be for individuals who will research the communication needs and desires within this community of faith, and who will identify and help develop appropriate programs, events, and communication channels in order for us to better serve our community. This position will be based both onsite and through telecommuting.
Applicants must be between the ages of 15-30 at the beginning of employment, and be legally allowed to work in Canada, as per Canada Summer Jobs guidelines.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Research existing communication channels and their effectiveness.
• In collaboration with staff, identify and develop a communications plan, along with appropriate programs, events, and communication channels.
• Produce and curate images for social media
• Assist in video recording and production
• Help create content for website and social media
• Develop e-mail list
• Build community, promote safer spaces, and friendly learning environments online and in person
• Administer Zoom sessions
• Distribute program/event materials
• Collaborate with KSP minister and Eastern Ontario Outaouais Regional Council Youth and Young Adult Minister
We are looking for two highly motivated individuals with excellent research and teamwork skills, who are able to work through a variety of media to solidify our online communications in a manner that would work for our community of faith. This person would need to have the ability to communicate efficiently and professionally with members of the community though phone, email, social media, and zoom; to collaborate with shareholders and trustees; to problem solve, and be creative and adaptable. Additional assets would include English/French bilingualism, and a familiarity with the United Church of Canada/Christian faith.
- Communicate efficiently and professionally with members of the community both verbally (phone) and written (email).
- Proficient in social media
- Proficient in hosting and using Zoom platform for meetings
- Proficient in Windows OS and MS Office
- Problem solving
- Collaboration with shareholders and staff
- Initiative on tasks and sharing of resources
- Ability to lead and take direction when needed
- Creative and adaptable
- Familiar with United Church of Canada theology
- Ability to design web pages
- Familiarity with Canva